When civilian or military situations demand a temporary airfield, often in remote areas, a mobile control tower is dispatched. As part of the mobile control tower package, Handling Specialty designed a trailer mounted scissor lift to support a fully equipped air traffic control center. The control tower module is supported on top of the lift’s platform. Once in position, four outriggers are extended and lowered to provide vehicle stability. The control tower is then raised and locked into place.
The mobile control tower includes portable generators to power the lift as well as control tower and runway lights. If external power is not available, an internal battery power pack is sufficient for lowering the scissor lift. The complete trailer system was specifically designed by Handling Specialty to meet rigorous military specifications. The trailer includes a front deck power pack, communications port, tool chest and power jacks. Tubular scissors minimize the total vehicle weight.
- Fully mobile custom engineered scissor lift
- Four outriggers extend and lower for stability
- Fitted with portable generators to power the lift, control tower and runway lights
- Internal battery power pack for no power situations
- Designed and manufactured to meet strict military standards and specifications